The pendrives cannot be formatted with fat32, why? - Page 2

Re: MiB, GiB (was Re: The pendrives cannot be formatted with fat32, why?)
Thanks for the good explanation.

But why are you so allergic to top-post,?

I find it convenient because I read the thread, not just the answer,
the question is the part of the solution not the reversed.

I looks to me similar than those one that came in a discussions and
do not have a correct idea of what is talking about and think they
checked the topic...(this happens not only on usenet...)

Sorry this sounds maybe hard, but
you directly get the answer !

Are now new rules on the newsgroup ?
I now it is almost 10Years I read the NetEti...
At that time both were allowed.

Sorry if my post is offending someone, but I would
understand why top-post is no longer wanted.

of just
off...

Re: MiB, GiB (was Re: The pendrives cannot be formatted with fat32, why?)

Most Usenet groups very strongly prefer bottom (or inline, where
appropriate) posting, and top-posters quite frequently get yelled at.
In technical news groups the prohibition against top-posting is almost
universal, and has always been so.  Which is not to say that an
occasional top-post doesn't get a pass.

No matter your personal preferences, you should, at the very least,
have the courtesy to follow the predominant pattern for posts in each
group you post in.  And certainly don't top-post a message that has a
bunch of bottom/inline-posted quoted material.  Nothing like having to
bounce back and forth to attempt to read the message.

In any event, the subject has been beaten to death, try googling for
"top post usenet".

-Robert

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What's a major annoyance on newsgroups?

Re: MiB, GiB (was Re: The pendrives cannot be formatted with fat32, why?)
*** Rude topposting after being requested not to corrected ***

... snip ...
... snip ...
... snip ...

The usenet practice has ALWAYS been to post replies after, or
intermixed with, the SNIPPED material to which you reply.  This
keeps things coherent and avoids retransmission of useless
material.  Top posting has been largely encouraged by broken
Microsoft software.

You will never be criticized for proper bottom posting.  Many
people will not even read a top-posted article.

Re: MiB, GiB (was Re: The pendrives cannot be formatted with fat32, why?)
... snip ...

Please do not toppost.  Your answer belongs after, or intermixed
with, the *snipped* material to which you reply.

Cluster numbers must be reserved to, at least, mark bad clusters,
unused clusters, and the last cluster in a file.  Other space must
be reserved for such things as the FAT tables themselves, the root
directory, the boot record, etc.