The cheapest way to blink a led - Page 2

Re: The cheapest way to blink a led

    You're right, Cygnal evidently changed their pricing and I didn't read
the page relying instead on memory.  My apologies, I still have a recent
printed page which specifically introduces the '305 for $0.99/one.  Maybe
the recent buyout had something to do with it.

that price.

    We disagree, somewhat.  Achieving extreme pulse widths isn't easy, try
getting a 0.5% pw for instance and see what the unit to unit variations
are.

    Agreed.

-- Regards, Albert
---------------------------------------------------------------------- AM
Research, Inc.                  The Embedded Systems Experts
http://www.amresearch.com (916) 780-7623

Re: The cheapest way to blink a led

    As I said, _each_, quantity one, $0.99.  I have no idea how much Digikey
marks them up, you can purchase directly from Cygnal with a credit card.
Here's pricing:  http://www.cygnal.com/products/guide/default.asp I don't
thin there is a PIC for under a buck quantity one.

    As to using a 'boring old LM55', remember that you have to add a few
external components, the duty cycle is not very controllable without a
handfull of extra parts.  Even then you have to change h/w to change
frequency or duty cycle.  Using a micro gives a lot more options.

-- Regards, Albert
Re: The cheapest way to blink a led
Have a look at that page again and pay close attention to the column headers.
Does "Approx 10Ku Price" ring any bells?

--
Stef

Re: The cheapest way to blink a led
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:19:32 +0000, the renowned

What's this message doing back after a month?

BTW, The direct purchase method gives you at best the qty. 100 price,
no matter how many you key in (up to 99999, or over a quarter of a
million dollars- enough to max out most credit cards unless you have
one of those line-of-credit or Cash Management jobs), and if you do,
you'd be canny enough to want to save $150K+ by giving them a call.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Re: The cheapest way to blink a led
the
PCB
of

I don't know how they do it, but in the Pound Store in Gloucester they are
selling a transparent plastic whistle that contains five leds, two red, one
green, one yellow, one blue with three button cells powering it, a push
button switch and a chip glued directly onto the PCB that merrily flashes
them.

It costs 1 (duh, it's the Pound Store), about $1.50.

I guess the lowest cost answer is probably to get a hundred thousand made in
China.

Peter

Site Timeline