THD measuring

Hi all.

I'm need a THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) for idial triangle, saw, and
square wave.

En example the THD for y=sin(x) is 0. What is THD for y = sign(sin(x))?

Little addition.

I need a reference signal with well-known THD, harmonics, etc.

Re: Little addition.

Just do a Fourier analysis.  Well known results for square and
triangle waves.  This is why you can generate a sine from a divide
by 6 counter and have no harmonics below the 5th in the output,
apart from scaling resistor tolerances.

Re: Little addition.

It was necessary for a self-test because I did't work before with
measuring THD. I already connect square-wave generator to THD metter
and check. Up to 30th harmonics looks like mathematics model. :)

Site Timeline