TFT LCD Controller IC

Hi all,

I have a NEC TFT LCD (NL3224BC35-20) which accepts 18bit digital RGB
data along with h-sync, v-sync and clock.

Are there any single chip LCD controllers with internal RAM capable of
driving these kind of LCDs? So I will not be thinking about frame
buffer memory, timing etc. and just feed the screen data to the
controller.

PS. I will be using Atmel AVR in my system.

Thanks in advance.
Antonis

Re: TFT LCD Controller IC

Nothing that would interface an AVR. You could possibly hook up an old
ISA card, and use ADCs to convert the analog signals back to digital.
That's simplified, but eh I suppose it could be done.

Re: TFT LCD Controller IC

Yeah, but most of them are PCI/AGP. For embedded projects, pretty
nearly the only option is the Epson series. I think you'd be better
off switching processors to a chip with integrated LCD controller.

Re: TFT LCD Controller IC

hi,
 I used a graphic display controller of Fujitsu: Jasmine.
 It's pretty neat because it has a built-in graphic engine
 (your micro sees it like an external RAM and you don't
 have to buy a graphic library)

ciao
 Enrico
 * Enrico Migliore - Co-founder and Senior Software Engineer
 *
Re: TFT LCD Controller IC
Hi Antonis,

Look at the Epson S1D13806 : it's a LCD controller with
integrated RAM (1200 KB). But I don't know if it works
with an AVR...??

Regards
Emmanuel

Re: TFT LCD Controller IC

320x240 is 76800 pixels. You want to store a pixel in 3 bytes? OK, you need
230K just for one frame buffer. You going to carve this up into 32k pages so
the avr can access it thru its 64k external data space? Sounds like a LOT of
work....

Site Timeline