TFT LCD controller

I'm looking for a low cost solution to connect a TFT LCD at least 7" to the microcontroller by UART/SPI/I2C. I have to show only static graphic with touch operations. FT800 chip looks nice, but unfortunately it only supports a resolution up to 512x512, and 7" TFT has 800x480.

Reply to
Bool

Since Intel bought & destroyed Chips & tech there is no such chip on the market (they had the b69000 and the b69030). Silicon motion, a Taiwanese firm, have some similar parts on their website but I think they are hybrids and they are not available through the major distributor channels (I have never tried them out).

Dimiter

------------------------------------------------------ Dimiter Popoff, TGI

dp

FTDI -> USB -> cheap android tablet. I've heard of software bit banged VGA but really, that's sick.

Reply to
Paul Rubin

Nothing sick about bit banging it - if you can. But it is far from being practical. The tablet solution is not exactly a "display", boots for ages etc. Not that I do not do it, only I use VNC (RFB) over the net, at 100MbpS works great (have used it at up to 1280x1024, 1920 x 1080 should still work fine).

Dimiter

------------------------------------------------------ Dimiter Popoff, TGI

dp

Have you already chosen a TFT display ?

If not:

Controller is a SSD1963, already soldered down with touch controller.

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

At the risk of being called the spelling police, i think he meant slick. ;-)

Reply to
edward.ming.lee