TFT LCD

Hi !

For my latest product I'm looking for LCD modules. I can find a lot of them, but I need only one for the first proto and I did not find an online store to buy LCD Modules.

I have the following minimum requirements for the LCD module:

  • Type: TFT
  • Pixels: 640 x 480
  • Effective area: ~ 150mm x 100mm
  • Interface: digital 6 bits per color or more

Do you have any suggestions to look at? All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks you in advance, Bert

Reply to
Nieuwsgroepen

"Nieuwsgroepen @xs4all.nl>"

You didn't look that hard then :) See

electronic ->

opto electronics -> LCD. Cost 1k euro excl controller. Or Farnell.com K6481L-FF0000 for around 400 euro.

Willem

Reply to
Willem

That size is rather small. The standard size which approaches your needs closest is probably 6.8". Sizes below that tend to be intended for TV applications, and have a correspondingly low resolution (320xRGBx234, typically) The aspect ratio is also slightly wrong, it's

3:2. VGA resolution LCDs will have a 4:3 aspect ratio.

I think I have a couple of 6.8" CTFTs which we bought as samples, that I could sell. Let me know via email if you want me to dig out the datasheets. Probably Philips LP064 if I remember correctly. Parallel interface.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards