Test post - please ignore

I seem to be having problems posting to this group or
possibly generally to international groups - let's see
if this turns up.

Re: Test post - please ignore

It did, did you try alt.test first?

Re: Test post - please ignore

Thank you - No I didn't, because this is the group which
3 of my posts have failed to turn up on over the past
36 hours, so even if it had gotten to alt.test I would still
have had to try this group to ensure there wasn't some
other problem. I know test posts are a pain but sometimes
there is little choice. Thanks again for the reply.

Re: Test post - please ignore

Why? What is different about alt.test compared to comp.arch.embedded? They
reside on the same server you connect to, only the name is different.

Meindert

Re: Test post - please ignore

The server may propagate them differently.

Rob

Re: Test post - please ignore
They

Then again: what's the difference? whether both groups are propagated or
not, when I log in to a newsserver and post a message, this message is
physically on that server, propagated or not. So again, what is the
difference between alt.test and any other group?

Meindert

Re: Test post - please ignore

In one case, your message might go out to the world (which is usually
what you want) while in the other case, it might stay put on that
server. You can see it, but the usenet community won't (except for the
few who use the very same server, of course).

Rob

Re: Test post - please ignore

But the purpose of alt.test is, IMO, to see if your newsreader works. And
for that function, it does not matter if the particular group is propagated
or not. So again, there's no difference for the user.

Meindert

Re: Test post - please ignore

alt.test isn't carried by all newsservers
and neither is this group.
And some isp's block alt.test

Alex

Site Timeline