Test post - please ignore

I seem to be having problems posting to this group or possibly generally to international groups - let's see if this turns up.

Reply to
Mike Harding

Mike Harding wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It did, did you try alt.test first?

Reply to
Mark A. Odell

Thank you - No I didn't, because this is the group which

3 of my posts have failed to turn up on over the past 36 hours, so even if it had gotten to alt.test I would still have had to try this group to ensure there wasn't some other problem. I know test posts are a pain but sometimes there is little choice. Thanks again for the reply.
Reply to
Mike Harding

Why? What is different about alt.test compared to comp.arch.embedded? They reside on the same server you connect to, only the name is different.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

The server may propagate them differently.

Rob

Reply to
Robert Kaiser

They

Then again: what's the difference? whether both groups are propagated or not, when I log in to a newsserver and post a message, this message is physically on that server, propagated or not. So again, what is the difference between alt.test and any other group?

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

In one case, your message might go out to the world (which is usually what you want) while in the other case, it might stay put on that server. You can see it, but the usenet community won't (except for the few who use the very same server, of course).

Rob

Reply to
Robert Kaiser

But the purpose of alt.test is, IMO, to see if your newsreader works. And for that function, it does not matter if the particular group is propagated or not. So again, there's no difference for the user.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

message

comp.arch.embedded?

different.

or

alt.test isn't carried by all newsservers and neither is this group. And some isp's block alt.test

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson