Terrible noise from audio output of my pc104.

I purchase two PC104. The first with VIA Eden 600 and the second with Intel Celeron 400. You can see specs at

I installed XP. This cards don't have headphone output but only speaker output (4 pins L+,L-,R+,R-). I've tryed to connect a headphone plugging together two -. It works fine, the audio has good quality bur there is a strong noise. (Also with two separated speakers...)

I try to low all volume (Speaker, modem,...) and the situation goes better but not ok.

All this with Via Eden. With Celeron the noise is terrible.

Do you have any suggestion to decrease the noise. (The sellers suggest me to put a condenser (2200) between +5v and ground).

Thanks, The Storyteller.

Reply to
MGM Systems

Look at the power pin(s) on the audio amplifier. If there is noise at this point, you should filter it _there_ and not after it has already been amplified!

Reply to
larwe

audio amplifier??? This card is a maze!!

"larwe" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
MGM Systems

Do you have the line in and microphone inputs enabled in the volume control? That can cause some noise to get through to the output.

I doubt the capacitor will do much for you because there will be lots of them between 5V and ground already for decoupling the devices.

You need to have a look at the audio amplifier as Lewin suggests, which is painful but worth it.

Reply to
Tom Lucas

It should still be easy to locate. Many of these cards use the NS "Boomer" IC. Look around the place where audio egresses the board.

Reply to
larwe