Terms in automotive electronics

Hello World,
      I am trying to make a device to measure the fuel level in a
scooter. It is fitted with a fuel level sensor and I think I can find
the details. This is not the issue, just the background. :-)
      While I was searching for some information regarding automotive
electronics for this project, I came across many articles where the
different cables/signals in automobiles are labelled as Kl15 Kl30 etc.
I now know the meaning of many of these. However, I want to know the
full list of the signals/cables. I searched the web and couldn't find
a reference. Does anybody know which standard defines these names? It
must be defined in some standards as it is apparently widely used
terminology in the automotive electronics industry.
Greetings,
Konki

Re: Terms in automotive electronics
Konki schrieb:

[...]

I know the standard DIN 72552-2 (German Standard), unfortunately I don't
know the number of the international one.

Re: Terms in automotive electronics
Generally they refer to anything supplied directly from the battery (
permanently live ) as S30, and anything supplied off the ignition switch as
S15 supplied.

are  Kl15 & Kl30 just different names for these???

Re: Terms in automotive electronics
Dave,
yes indeed.
Kl is the abbreviation for 'klemme' which is the german term for connector /
connection.

regards
/jan
MGAmc.6944$ snipped-for-privacy@news.indigo.ie...
as
Order#

Re: Terms in automotive electronics

Tanks a lot. Any idea if (and where) I can get an English version of
these? I searched the Bosch web site for the firs one and
Springer-Verlag for the second one. No luck. Both sites have no idea
about these. But, I found the second one listed at some German sites
for sale. But, my German is not good enough. :-(

Also, The DIN standard mentioned by Anastasios Tsitlakidis is
avaialble only in German. :-(

Doesn't the SAE or ISO have anything similar?

Greetings,
Konki

Re: Terms in automotive electronics

Is the information on this page enough?

  < http://www.type2.com/library/identifi/bosterm.htm

--
Göran Larsson     http://www.mitt-eget.com /

Re: Terms in automotive electronics

Yes. Thank you very much. This will do as a reference. In the mean
time, I will try to get a copy of the other publications.

Have a nice day,
Konki

Site Timeline