Terms in automotive electronics

Hello World, I am trying to make a device to measure the fuel level in a scooter. It is fitted with a fuel level sensor and I think I can find the details. This is not the issue, just the background. :-) While I was searching for some information regarding automotive electronics for this project, I came across many articles where the different cables/signals in automobiles are labelled as Kl15 Kl30 etc. I now know the meaning of many of these. However, I want to know the full list of the signals/cables. I searched the web and couldn't find a reference. Does anybody know which standard defines these names? It must be defined in some standards as it is apparently widely used terminology in the automotive electronics industry. Greetings, Konki

Reply to
Konki

Konki schrieb:

[...]

I know the standard DIN 72552-2 (German Standard), unfortunately I don't know the number of the international one.

Reply to
Anastasios Tsitlakidis

Generally they refer to anything supplied directly from the battery ( permanently live ) as S30, and anything supplied off the ignition switch as S15 supplied.

are Kl15 & Kl30 just different names for these???

Reply to
David Powell

Dave, yes indeed. Kl is the abbreviation for 'klemme' which is the german term for connector / connection.

regards /jan David Powell schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: MGAmc.6944$ snipped-for-privacy@news.indigo.ie...

as

Order#

Reply to
Jan Homuth

Tanks a lot. Any idea if (and where) I can get an English version of these? I searched the Bosch web site for the firs one and Springer-Verlag for the second one. No luck. Both sites have no idea about these. But, I found the second one listed at some German sites for sale. But, my German is not good enough. :-(

Also, The DIN standard mentioned by Anastasios Tsitlakidis is avaialble only in German. :-(

Doesn't the SAE or ISO have anything similar?

Greetings, Konki

Reply to
Konki

Is the information on this page enough?

<

--
Göran Larsson     http://www.mitt-eget.com/
Reply to

Yes. Thank you very much. This will do as a reference. In the mean time, I will try to get a copy of the other publications.

Have a nice day, Konki

Reply to
Konki