Telephone modules - IP telephone, ISDN, PBX

We are looking for ready-made telephone modules that can connect to an ISDN or IP-telephone PBX. They should have some sort of control interface (typically UART) for dialing, hang-up, ring, etc., and analogue audio in and out.

/Long/ ago, I used an analogue modem module like this. I also had an ISDN modem module, but it didn't support audio in and out - it was only for data. And of course they are now out of production anyway.

Ideally we would like one supplier that can provide both kinds of modules, so that we can easily swap them out depending on which version the end-user needs. But at the moment, we are interested anything we can find.

Our customer has a very short schedule here, so we want to find something ready-made - and I'd like to avoid learning about IP telephony if I can!

mvh.,

David

Reply to
David Brown

There are numerous products that connect analog PSTN type telephones to ISDN lines. Typical products allow two analog phones to connect to one BRI connection. Some of these are easily configured using DTMF commands that would normally come from the attached phone. You could provide support for that using an older style modem to synthesize DTMF signaling onto the a22222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222

222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 22222222 nalog phone pair. You could use the attached phone set to do the conversion from the 2-wire to 4-wire analog by interfacing at the handset jack.
--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions