TCP Window size question

Hi

Can we change these files to tune network performance in embedded linux ?

/proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_default /proc/sys/net/core/wmem_default

Does it control recieve(RX) or send (TX) performance ?

If it is a P2P or client-server traffic testing , should we change the other device TCP Window size too ?

Is there suggested value for Internet or LAN point device ?

Thank you

Reply to
Kid

Try end-to-end Qos Implementation. Many techniques are there to bring in improvement. DiffServ and MPLS look gud.

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru

If you are planning to play with TCP window size, be careful with the sliding window algorithm.

Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru

The default window size settings on Linux should be OK for most applications. The only exceptions are satellite links.

BTW, comp.protocols.tcp-ip would be a better newsgroup for this question.

-- EventStudio 4.0 -

Sequence diagram based embedded system design tool

Reply to
EventHelix.com