TCP server terminal

Does anyone know any software that can act as a TCP server terminal like
Hyperterminal eg. "Wait for call" on port XXXX except without Hyperterminals
stupid server echo.

Thanks
Ross

Re: TCP server terminal

Cygwin+netcat.

Cygwin is very large just to get the functionality of netcat, but Cygwin
has become de rigueur for all Windows installations for me anyway.

Re: TCP server terminal

OT, but the other month I installed the Windows game of "The Thing"
(based on John Carpenter's movie) and the installer said "Cygwin
detected". Very odd, I wonder why it knows or cares.

Re: TCP server terminal

Strange.

There are some parts of Xilinx tools that require parts of Cygwin. I can
understand that, but a game needing Cygwin?

I think it's just part of what the installer does, and has nothing to
do with the game. Maybe there are enough things out there depending on
Cygwin that the installer checks by default. Or maybe someone made a
mistake and left the check in when it should have been removed.

Re: TCP server terminal

nc  (the package name is usually "netcat")

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Do I hear th'
                                  at               SPINNING of various