TCP/IP stack for GPRS

Hey

Any of you had any experience with running tcp/ip stack on 8051 for
GPRS purpose?? Which 8051 uC and TCP/IP stack did you use?? Free ones
preferred :-)

Or should I use a different uC like AVR ATMega128 og an ARM7 like
Phillips LPC21XX. I've only got experience with 8051 uC....

It's my first GPRS project, any suggestions on my choice of TCP/IP
stack??

Regards

Jesper
Denmark

Re: TCP/IP stack for GPRS
Look at the TC45 from Siemens, it is a Java module and includes the TCP/IP
stack.

Pierre

Re: TCP/IP stack for GPRS

You could use a GPRS modem with built in TCP/IP

We use an alphamicro module
http://www.alphamicro.net/components/product.asp?id21%8&line=4 and have
found it to be pretty good. It uses easy AT commands.

Ross

Re: TCP/IP stack for GPRS
Why not using a GSM/GPRS module with a built-in TCP-IP stack ? Cf products
from Wavecom, Sony-Erricson, Sagem, Telit, Siemens, etc

Yours,

--
Robert Lacoste
ALCIOM - The mixed signal experts

Well TC45 or TC65 is'nt an option, because of it's few i/o pins.

Jesper

Re: TCP/IP stack for GPRS

Have many customers which have used the ATmega128 for GPRS
connectivity, and most of them want the ATmega256 now.
The AT91SAM7S256 ARM7 seems also to be good for this
market due to large RAM size (64 kB) which many like..
Only a few customers have received samples of the SAM7S256 yet,
but it should be more generally available in a few months.

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com