talking to an RFID chip via wire.

Greetings,

I am working on a project and would like to talk to an RFID chip via-wire. That means no RF, but I do need to know how to read the data from the chip. I've seen the encoding schemes, but I'm sure it won't be as easy as it looks. Has anyone attempted this? What kind of series resistance should be considered to allow for a noticable amount of signal attenuation when driven by the ID chip but also give it the needed power? (5V square will probably be applied since it's easy to create.) I'll start with a 125kHz chip since the frequency is low enough to keep away from carefully tuned oscillators and critical lead lengths.

Anything I should be aware of to get this up and running? Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards, Adam Kumpf

Reply to
Adam Kumpf

Try this.

You could also remove the antenna, and connect your probes directly to the chip. Start off using a 0.5V signal, then work your way up until the chip powers up and you receive a signal.

Reply to
dmm

chip.

up and

I tried it and it works fine with a 125 kHz door-access card, just connect a scope over the chip and feed the 125 kHz carrier over a 10 k resistor

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

RFID is the most epic new second coming out of the "closet" today. Thanks to people like Katherine Albrect founder of CASPIAN, more and more consumers are becoming aware of the RFID movement and how it will effect the consumers privacy rights and where the RFID will lead us tomorrow. Katherine has a strong following from the web perspectives other medias. We see leader's stepping up to the plate and expanding the words of Katherine. Already there are hundreds of blogs and web pages listing their concerns of what will become of the RFID. However there are the Industry gazettes, journals and blogs where they spin RFID as the best thing since apple pie.

  • RFID Gazette
    providing daily RFID-related news
  • The Future Is Here: A Beginner's Guide to RFID
    an RFID Gazette essay. (June 2004)
  • RFIDbuzz: Website
    and Wiki
  • RFID Journal: Michelin Embeds RFID Tags in Tires
  • RFID Log
    industry news service on RFID innovation, implementation and legal processes
  • RFID News
    weblog and monthly e-magazine covering the RFID Industry
  • RFID and Contactless technology News
    free resource for breaking news and research on the use of contactless and radio frequency identification technologies. Profit, privacy, and the battle for control of the emerging technology are frequently covered topics in this industry leading resource.
  • MoreRFID.com
    free RFID information site.
  • RFID Global Resource Link
    a comprehensive directory for system integrators to have quick access to all global RFID-related resources.
  • RFID: Points of View
    provides a central resource for accessing a variety of stories on RFID

We the Opposition

  • Stop RFID
    an activist site devoted to exposing privacy problems with RFID.
  • RFID Consumers report

  • EFF position on RFID

  • RFID hand held Disrupter

  • See also privacy external links

So listing this we greatly give thanks to:

CASPIAN-founder Katherine Albrecht and

Zombie Wire RFID Consumer's News founder-James Mata

We here at UCSD would be honored to say we have you to advocate for us the consumers.

Reply to
sdhometech