System MIPS calculation

We have an ARM 9 running on Threadx. We are using this system for running a 3G stack and the system as such contains many peripherals. The I and D-caches and MMU (Mem. Management Unit) have been enabled. How do we calculate the MIPS of the system? We cant go by the MIPS rating of the processor so we need to calculate it in a different way considering peripherals as well.

Thanks in advance, Sachin

Reply to
sachin.cas

MIPS doesn't depend on any peripherals (unless you've created a CELL clone). If you're using an ARM9 with cache then you will get 1.2 DMIPS/MHz, nothing more or less. If you use cycle stealing DMA then it will lower the maximum transfer rate, but caches hide most of that.

Of course you could just add up the maximum frequencies of each peripheral to create a meaningless number suitable for marketing :-)

Wilco

Reply to
Wilco Dijkstra