Synchronizing camcorder with telemetry

You're probably OK. This effect has been seen most often when the video capture path and audio capture path are different (some think it is drift in the clock on the sound card). Some people have had this problem and others have not -- one of those things that seems to drive some people nuts !! There are probably multiple causes (and places for it to occur), but it has been a topic in the rec.desktop.video group (among others) a significant number of times (with no 2 people having the same results).

-- Mike "mikey" Fields

outgoing email scanned by Norton Antivirus ... is that good ?

Linux users brag on how long their system stays up, Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

Reply to
Mike Fields

I've really only observed bad sync issues when experimenting with different combinations of audio and video codecs, particularly when encoding divx with an MP3 audio stream. In my system, A and V are always on a separate path (the capture card has no audio inputs). The raw capture is always good.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards