stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0

stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 speed 0 baud; line = 0; min = 1; time = 0;

-brkint -icrnl -imaxbel

-opost

-isig -icanon -iexten -echo

(something is wrong)

stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 ispeed 38400 stty: /dev/ttyUSB0: unable to perform all requested operations

But if I give an obv wrong value it doesn't complain. stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 ispeed 3840

The dongle is a FTDI Chip TTL-232R-5V USB to TTL Serial Cable(5.0V)-1.8m (2419945 at Farnell)

On Linux kernel Version 3.14.15

I guess since the're the monopolist they don't have to produce working hardware anymore.

And yes, I've read the crap about read write access on stackoverflow. I am in the plugdev group and it's read/writable for plugdev.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

Oh, and scoping the output shows that the actual rate is at least 1MBaud (the narrowest pulses are around 1uS wide.)

Reply to
Johann Klammer

ok. seems it's not the actual number that matters, but the number of invocations. It's some internal state that changes.

$ stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 ispeed 38400 stty: /dev/ttyUSB0: unable to perform all requested operations $ stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 ispeed 38400 (this one succeeds)

Reply to
Johann Klammer

may have been a user error. $ stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 38400 works at once.

I did scope the output again and observed a tau of 23 uS. (=baud rate err of 0.11) Is this too much? Because I still can't get the uC to respond..

Reply to
Johann Klammer

Nah user error again. is closer to 25uS...

Reply to
Johann Klammer