Stream mp3 files

Hi,

I am going to make a mp3 network device. The device consists of a mp3 decoder and an ethernet chip. The mp3 cannot be uploaded fully before playing as the uploading delay is concerned and the mcu memory cannot afford so much.

The computer firstly connects the device using TCP. I think the data will be sent on demand.

I want to know more details about how to stream the mp3 file? Just cut it in portions and then send and use flow control in the network line? The MCU's audio buffer is only 512 bytes.

Thanks!

Reply to
eeh