STR912 RTC Crystal

Hello, I am trying to use a surface mount crystal for the RTC clock on the STR912F microcontroller. The datasheet states that the load capacitance is 8pF (Typ). Unfortunately, I am unable to find an SMD crystal with that load capacitance. I can, however, find 7pF and

9pF. Can they be used? Any hints or ideas?

Thank you,

amerdsp

No, Yes. Look at other crystals!

--
Ian Malcolm.   London, ENGLAND.  (NEWSGROUP REPLY PREFERRED)
[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & >32K emails --> NUL:

Your not just mating the XTAL to the CPU. The traces in between add several pF of capacitance as well. So find an XTAL with 10-12pF (12.5pF is common).

Eric

Reply to
Eric