STMicroelectronics Introduces ST SPEAr1310 Microcontroller with Dual-Core Cortex

http://www.microcontroller.com/news/ST_SPEAr1310.asp

This has dual ARM Cortex-A9 cores and a DDR3 memory interface. Also, multiple
Ethernet
interfaces, three USB ports, CAN, I2C, touchscreen interface, and a bunch of
other
stuff.

From STMicroelectronics: http://www.microcontroller.com/STMicroelectronics.htm

Above article includes a block diagram.

Bill Giovino
http://Microcontroller.com

Re: STMicroelectronics Introduces ST SPEAr1310 Microcontroller with Dual-Core Cortex

Ethernet
other

Looks interesting. You could build a PC with it. What do you think will be
the price for 1000 pieces? Less than $100?

Do you have more information about the configurable logic? In the summary
datasheet:

http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/bd/17528.pdf

I can't find it, but an intersting interface for external FPGAs.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
http://www.frank-buss.de , http://www.it4-systems.de

Re: STMicroelectronics Introduces ST SPEAr1310 Microcontroller with Dual-Core Cortex
Ethernet
other

Very nice..

Now I'd like to see an affordable development/evaluation board.. Along
the lines what TI did for the OMAP3530 with the BeagleBoard...

Hi STM, can you hear me? :-)

Nils

Re: STMicroelectronics Introduces ST SPEAr1310 Microcontroller with Dual-Core Cortex
Ethernet
other

Talked to some ST distributors and they have not heard from ST about this.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think this is focusing on Netbooks,
and only a few such customers will see it.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson

   CAN Interface ?

Netbook with CAN, nice toy for me. No USB/CAN needed than.

 Heinz

Site Timeline