stk 500 porgramming kit problem

hi all i m using STK500/501 kit for programming the microcontoller. due to some reason we upgrade the kit by programming it through the avr studio 4. now we r using avr studio 4 to program the kit. all the other contoller which was programmed are getting programmed at the requiered frequency(stk clk = 3.69 MHz and isp clk=460.8khz) and working perfectly. but the new contoller that is atmega8515 are getting programed(stk clk = 3.69 MHz and isp clk=115.2khz). and not perfoming any task outside the kit. need ur help thanx

Reply to
tanu

Had smiliar problems with ATmega chips. For your convenience Atmel set the default clock very low (1meg?). So you can't talk to chip at 3.69mhz. Lower the clock to as low as it will go, and make the isp clock less than 1/4 of that. Set the clock bits to 4mhz or better, then set STK500 back to 3.69mhz and then you can write program to flash.

Reply to
argosy