Starting with the PIC Family

Newssgroups Alex? I couldn't see it listed. Perhaps a yahoo group or other? thanks

Don...

--
Don McKenzie  E-mail:    http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html
              Home Page: http://www.dontronics.com

USB to RS232 Converter that works http://www.dontronics.com/usb_232.html
The World's Largest Range of  Atmel/AVR & PICmicro Hardware and Software
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Taken to that extreme, no. However, I don't have a problem with informal, conversational comments as long as the source code is for in-house use only and the customer is not going to see it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

have to

archive

jnjnblokef think this is the warp13 thread

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

As clients go, this one was as top-tier as they come. OTOH they didn't get to see the source...

Reply to
Geoff McCaughan

think this is the warp13 thread

thanks Alex :-)

--
Don McKenzie  E-mail:    http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html
              Home Page: http://www.dontronics.com

USB to RS232 Converter that works http://www.dontronics.com/usb_232.html
The World's Largest Range of  Atmel/AVR & PICmicro Hardware and Software
Reply to
Don McKenzie

That makes all the difference in the world ;-) If nobody but you sees the source, then you are only commenting (or not) for yourself and can apply whatever standards suit you (or none at all).

The clients I work for have standards and procedures for all aspects of development and perform formal reviews. They "get" to see my source, review my source, and if they don't like what they see, they may choose not to use my services any longer. Like I said -- I'd never be able to get away with it.

I'm pretty sure we understand each other.

--
Dan Henry
Reply to