Starting Bootloader at AT91RM9200-EK

Hi

Im new to ARM9 processors and have the following problem: i want to ru any executable code (that i can change) on my plattform. So i found the Denx u-boot and can compile it. Then i tried to download i as stated on the atmel page by setting the jumper to INT then load th DataflashBoot.bin then load the u-boot to the dataflash. So far OK, ca see the u-boot image at position c0008000. When i then press '3' it say ..loading bootloader ... but afterwards nothing happens, things just loo like the u-boot hangs (i expect at least to see u-boot starting up an display a prompt). I'm using u-boot 1.1.4 and have set TEXT_BASE to 0x21F00000. Also define the 2 defines as stated in the atmel introduction. Anyone knows what's going wrong??

I'm using GNU-toolchain and Eclipse. Another question is about that DataflashBoot which is actually workin fine. The source code is there as well but i found no makefile, so i'm no able to compile it. Anyone any idea where i can get it??

thanks & kind regards Renate

Reply to
lehotzki

I put my stuff at ftp://at91dist:distrib@81.80.104.162/

Eventually, I should have a Buildroot which will:

1) Build a cross compiler toolchain 2) Build Dataflashboot.bin 3) Build U-Boot 1.1.4 4) Build Linux 2.6.16 (or later) 5) Build JFFS2/EXT2 Filesystem

There is a buildroot there but it has a few problems, Have not had the time to upload the latest version...

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson