"Star 12" MSCAN Buffer Overrun Interrupt Problem

Hello all,

I've encountered something odd with the Motorola 9S12DJ64 ("Star 12") device's MSCAN module.

It's supposed to have 5 rx buffers, and there is an overrun interrupt that according to the spec will get called when a new message is received and all

5 buffers are currently full.

I find that if I write 5 messages without clearing the buffers, the interrupt gets called on the sending of the 5th CAN message, surely it shouldn't occur until I attempt to write the 6th message, since the 5th message should be received and stored successfully in the 5th (and last available) buffer?

I also find that once this overrun interrupt occurs, subsequent message writes via CAN cause the overrun interrupt to occur every TWO sent messages, surely this should happen for every single new message once the buffers are full?

Anyone got any ideas about this?

Regards and thanks in advance, Richard.

Reply to
Richard Phillips

Update: the device is actually PCS912DP256PV, but I believe the spec I am using (as per first post) covers this device? Maybe this is the problem?

Cheers, Richard.

Reply to
Richard Phillips

I've double-checked with the correct spec and it's exactly the same, so my original question stands!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Phillips