SRecord 1.36 for Win32

I'm using the SRecord package (by Peter Miller, available on sourceforge) for the first time. Has anyone had any success using it to insert a 4-byte sum-to-zero checksum into an s-record file? I'm pretty sure my embedded end is doing the sum and the comparison correctly, but I'm getting a non-zero answer. Before I spend more time on it, can anyone give a glowing reference for SRecord?

Reply to
s0lstice

I use SRecord with 2-byte checksums. Works just fine.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

If you are askin how to make the checksum 4 byte wide, the answer is you cannot. S1 and S2 records have a 1 byte checksum, S3 records have a 2 byte checksum. If you are trying to make a 4-byte long binary into an S record, consisting of 4 zeros, the correct checksum would be $ff (it is inverted after adding all the bytes). The address field is also included in the checksum, remember.

Dimiter

Didi

No, not the per line checksum that is part of the srecord file format. SRecord has the ability the insert a checksum in a blank area of the data, which can be used by firmware to validate an upload before placing it in flash for instance.

Vladimir, are you using the unix version (maybe with cygwin) or the native Win32 version?

Reply to
s0lstice

I have long since lost the number of s-record read and write pieces I have written but I have no idea what you refer to. Seems your problem is not with the s-record but with the user interface of whatever you want to use.

Dimiter

Didi

Thanks for reply> I use SRecord with 2-byte checksums. Works just fine.

2-byte checksums work fine for me also. The problem is only with 4- byte sums.
Reply to
s0lstice