Sram pins normalized?

I don' t understand why two SRAM of 64k Words in my case have not got
the same address pins order, although it is not important in my case.
There is not a standard?

Thanks.

Re: Sram pins normalized?

Doesn't make any difference. Rename them if you like. The microprocessor
does not care if data get's stored at a 'wrong' address. When it retrieves
the data, it will fetch it from the same 'wrong' location.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and 'invalid' when replying by email)

Re: Sram pins normalized?

indeed, you' re right, and it' s conform to the jedec standart.
I' ve just found the reason of the differences in this paper
http://www.gsitechnology.com/an1008.pdf

thanks

Re: Sram pins normalized?

What the others said is correct.  You can use any
address line for any address, (and any data line
for any data), BUT if you ever hope to plug a
flash or eprom chip in the socket, be ready for
a nice sillywalk to get your program or data to
come out linearly (:

Re: Sram pins normalized?

There are JEDEC(?) standard pinouts for memories, but maybe these two
chips you're talking about are different parts. For instance maybe one
supports x8 as well as x16 operation.

Site Timeline