Speech Recognition

Anyone know of a low cost speech recognition
solution, it needs to be able to recognise commands
preferably without voice training of around 30 words.

Phil

Re: Speech Recognition
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:23:39 +0000 (UTC), "Phil"

I suspect that "low cost" and "without training" may be mutually
exclusive.

You might want to check over on the comp.dsp group.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: Speech Recognition

I suspect you are right :(

checked it and left, thanks anyway. The best I can find
is Sensory Inc RSC 4128 was hoping someone here
might know an alternative.

Phil

Re: Speech Recognition

30 words *with* training is quite easy with a low-cost system, using a
bank of band-pass filters. We were doing it on early machines like the
TRS-80 25 years ago with add-on hardware. It could be done on a
single-chip MCU now, using DSP.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com

And before that, there was the "Housemaster" (IIRC) add-in board for
Digital Group Z80 systems. Had voice control of several relays but it
did require training.

One nifty aspect was that you could see the received pattern as it ran
as well as after it was stored. It only sampled in two bands but it
actually worked pretty well.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA

Re: Speech Recognition

"low cost" is relative - you'll have to define
what that means ( or buy a macintosh :-) ). - RM

Re: Speech Recognition

Freeware, of course with source,
and it has to run on a PIC or AVR, right ?

Rene

Re: Speech Recognition

TinyVoice, Circuit Cellar, Feb 1998.  A motorola microcontroller system,
with full assembler source code.
http://www.circuitcellar.com/pastissues/articles/Stewart91/Stewart-91.pdf

Re: Speech Recognition
I've played with the Sensory Voice Extreme kit a bit,
and it works not too bad.  You really should consider
using training though, or else your accuracy will not be
very high.

Sensory requires that you have them build the recognition
files for speaker independant recognition, which is a bit
of a pain.  But, it is easy to use in training mode.

Mike Anton

Re: Speech Recognition
Hello Phil,
i hope some interest for you is device SpeechBox, it's mine release of
Sakrament.SpeechRecognition Engine for TMS...5402, www.sakrament.com.
 Program is ANSY C, it's possible to deliver as file '.obj' for you
processor.
 2 models are released: HMM with teaching on PC & 'dinamical
programming' with teaching one time pass for each word, the last has
more high probability of error.
 It's without teaching (for microprocessor's system) HMM for phonems
recognition, speed & safety are low.