Special FAT filesystem questions [Was: Multiple files with same filename on FAT]

Noted. Thank you for the explanations.

I think I'll only be able to test that next week-end though.

Thanks again.

Vicne

Reply to
Vicne

The latest Ubuntu distro found my NTFS partition out of the box, er, download...

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

Downloading right now. Can you just confirm it's mounted read/write ? Thanks.

Vince

Reply to
Vicne

Yes, it mounts r/w:

File System: ntfs (3.0) / fuseblk Mount Options: rw nosuid nodev noatime

--Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz

Both Knoppix and Ubuntu ar debian based distributions. Knoppix mounts existing partition as read only as a safety feature. It is trivial to remount read/write using the normal GUI tools.

If you are getting Ubuntu, make sure you are getting the LiveCD version. Otherwise you will have to install it, and make your machine dual boot before you will be able to use it.

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus