Southern, MN Embedded opening 6 months

Currently, I have an opening with one of our clients in Southern, MN for a 6 month consulting opportunity. For this position we are seeking people that have experience with C/Assembly, Motorola PowerPc, QNX or VxWorks and experience writing software code over serial communications.

Please send resume along with your hourly rate to contactus(at)gpsnational.com

Reply to
lgoolsby

Huh?

Regards, Richard.

    for Cortex-M3, ARM7, ARM9, HCS12, H8S, MSP430 Microblaze, Coldfire, AVR, x86, 8051 & PIC18 * * * *
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

Where in Southern Minnesota?

-- Grant Edwards grante Yow! I know how to do at SPECIAL EFFECTS!! visi.com

Reply to
Grant Edwards

I think we all have experience doing that.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

-- "it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward" snipped-for-privacy@interlog.com Info for manufacturers:

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Spehro Pefhany

The recruiter just made a mistake that's all.

They weren't supposed to tell you what you would be using a TTY 33 for programming until _after_ you accepted the job. :-)

Seriously however, I wonder if they meant that they want someone who had actually debugged code running on a remote target, which like the other things that I could think of seems like a basic requirement.

Perhaps it should be a standard job requirement that a new marketing or recruitment person should be required to spend a few days with the hardware/software engineers to get a basic understanding of what the engineers actually do.

Simon.

If Google's motto is "don't be evil", then how did we get Google Groups 2 ?
Reply to
Simon Clubley

A few *days*? I think you give them too much credit. They are doing what they do because they have no interest in what we do. The requirement for being a recruiter is that they be good at doing their job, not that they have any idea of what is done by the people they hire. Sort of like we don't have a requirement to understand how to do interviews or performance apprasials or recruitment.

Reply to
rickman

I once spoke with an arrogant a**hole of a recruiter asking about ambiguous job requirements for a position he'd advertised. He informed me that he made $400/hour doing the recruiting and wouldn't waste his time talking to engineers!

Reply to
Everett M. Greene