Somewhat OT: Firefox helper application question

When a file type is associated with a helper application, such as PDFs with Acrobat Reader, I used to get a choice when download started: to open with the app or to save to disk. Now it always opens with the app without asking. I've searched the settings for the helper apps, but there doesn't seem to be any relevant control there. Any idea where it's gone, anyone?

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

In Firefox:

'Tools' - 'Options...' - Select 'Content'

File Types - click 'Manage...'

Select the file type in question and click 'Remove Action'

Click 'Close' - click 'OK'

Now you should get a choice again.

Vito

Reply to
Vito Corti

Thanks. Back to normal.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

that's what I love about FF. You have full control, and the menu's aren't big, but you have to scratch around a little to find these settings. Once you become familiar with them, it's easy. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460
Reply to
Don McKenzie