Some very old, expensive, and interesting computer items on ebay.

over priced.

That reminds me, a few years back I noticed some items listed for greater than 10 times the going rate and they were NOT quantity 10 lots.

I concluded they were part of some kind of credit card fraud or money laundering scheme.

Why else would somebody buy an item for

2000 each when multiple vendors were quite active selling the exactly identical item for 200 each?

Is it possible that the same kind of racket has jumped on "antique" computer items to more easily conceal the apparent money laundering?

eBay just last week formally banned listings for "intangeable" items like prayers and hexes.

"Antique" items may be the next best thing for money laundering rackets since "going rate" might be impossible to determine and fair price might depend massively on historical or personal sentimental value.

Reply to
Greegor

I used to be one of these 90% until 2010, in that year I had a big clean up in my house, threw virtually everything away apart from a very limited number of items I *really* like, and this made me feel sooo good! Space itself really feels better than heaps of old crap that take it up.

Rene

Reply to
Rene

If you have lived in the same place for decades it is easy to accumulate and keep junk that may eventually be worth a buck or two. If you put a cost on the storage space, most stuff is not worth it. But you rarely know what is going to appreciate in value beforehand. If you have moved house several times you have probably had to make some hard decisions - I threw out one of the early prototype Microbee's with 64k static RAM, because it was shit compared to the PC-clones available at the time I was moving. I would have kept it if I hadn't been under the pressure of moving to minimise junk.

It gets much worse if you have to move overseas..........

Reply to
yaputya