SocketModem query (2)

Thanks everyone for helping me out with my previous question. Unfortunately, here's another one.

I've managed to connect to my SocketModem from the modem in my PC. Both are V90s but I can't get a connection rate greater than 33.6K. When I'm on the Net on the PC, the connection speed is either 50.6K or 52.0K so the hardware is definitely capable. Is there some extra set-up that should be done on the embedded modem to allow it to attempt to connect at >33.6K rates?

TIA.

Roger.

Reply to
Roger

Unfortunately,

are

hardware

the

Thanks everyone. I've certainly learnt a lot about this little query.

Rog.

Reply to
Roger