SMP on ix86

Hello, I am having some problems with SMP on Intel x86. I am using Core 2 duo CPU's with a Intel DG35EC Motherboard. Problem is that the Bios only reports 1 CPU entry in the MP table. I assume this is the boot CPU. I know this setup works ok with XP. Xp reports 2 CPU's. Is there something I am missing with the MP table?

Steve

Reply to
Steve West

Yeah: don't use it. MP specification is obsolete. Use ACPI tables instead. Intel doesn't bother to create a correct MP table anymore.

Reply to
Cyril Novikov

. Problem is that the Bios only

Does anyone have a ACPI parser? I am having problems decoding the ACPI table.

Steve

Reply to
Steve West