Smart Card Connection to ARM Microcontroller

Friends,

I am a newbie to the world of embedded systems. So please bear to rea this long message. I have a at91sam9261ek in which I have successfull ported u-boot and linux (after compiling their source code which I hav downloaded from Linux Link by TimeSys).

Now i wish to connect a smart card (ISO 7816) to it. From the atme documentation, I understand that I have to connect it using USART in whic SCK will be connected to Clock pin of smart card and TXD will act as I/O But I am not clear about other pins like Vcc, Reset etc.

So essentially I request you to help me with a connection diagram of smar card to the micro controller using USART.

A quick reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks, madhurag

Reply to
madhurag

If a quick reply is important, learn how to use a search engine.

Google for either "smart card pinout" or "smart card interface" and you will find all your answers.

Reply to
ghelbig