Small Linux HW to be carried in a model airplane

Right. They're "prints" because they're "printed" using another another piece of film and a printer rather than being "shot" in a camera. The film that's actually shot in the camera could be negative or positive, I don't know which is actually used most, and then prints are made from that.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm also against
                                  at               BODY-SURFING!!

BTW, no lens can do 360 degrees, yet 360 degree photography still exists.

Film cameras can be retrofitted with digital imaging arrays.

(And no, I don't think that an existing array can replace IMAX film, at least not in real-time. It can be done -the Hubble space telescope is only 800x800 pixels, but it digitizes a 35 arcsecond field of view at any given time)

Reply to
Guy Macon

And you assume that he does not need the Ethernet because he did not tell you why he wanted it.

-- Best Regards, Ulf Samuelsson snipped-for-privacy@a-t-m-e-l.com This message is intended to be my own personal view and it may or may not be shared by my employer Atmel Nordic AB

Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

... snip ...

I can remember dreaming of building just such a model. Remote wireless control, and panoramic TV feedback. WWII was on. Never found the round tuit.

CBFalconer

No what else is ALSO on the plane.

Nope what you wrote was

Which reads as 10 Channels sampled at 5Hz to 16bit width, which is actually 100 bytes/sec, to then give 360K/hour.

As the original was dig i/o 8-16 bits and there are only 4 x RS232 channels the only assumption I (and probably others),ÿcould come up for 10 channels would be some form of A/D or inference about what the RS232 was connected to.

You also assumed it was controlling the plane in the statement above which I specifically noted in my post that we did not know if this was a control or monitoring application.

Why make that assumption?

Especially as you then proceeed to harrangue others about assumptions about use of cameras and 'hampsters'.

The important word you missed was 'if', the specification was for a board with a fair bit of I/O that may be controlling the plane and/or monitoring the plane and/or monitoring external parameters.

The only assumption I made was with all that I/O others things not specified are being interfaced especially when in the plane.

There is a hell of a lot about the application that is not specified, I put a lot of IFs in there if you read it again carefully.

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter