Small Linux HW to be carried in a model airplane - Page 2

Re: Small Linux HW to be carried in a model airplane

Or non-existent.  I've never heard of it.  IMAX
is usually shot with off-the-shelf Hasselblad
still camera lenses and a custom made camera
body.  No Hasselblad lens can do 360 degrees.
And as you implied, the format has *nothing*
to do with video.

Especially

Actually transparencies.  Admittedly, the working
copies are usually referred to as "prints"

Re: Small Linux HW to be carried in a model airplane

Right.  They're "prints" because they're "printed" using
another another piece of film and a printer rather than being
"shot" in a camera.  The film that's actually shot in the
camera could be negative or positive, I don't know which is
actually used most, and then prints are made from that.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm also against
                                  at               BODY-SURFING!!

http://www.google.com/search?q=theater+%22360+degree+imax%22

BTW, no lens can do 360 degrees, yet 360 degree photography
still exists.

Film cameras can be retrofitted with digital imaging arrays.

(And no, I don't think that an existing array can replace IMAX
film, at least not in real-time.  It can be done -the Hubble
space telescope is only 800x800 pixels, but it digitizes a 35
arcsecond field of view at any given time)

Re: Small Linux HW to be carried in a model airplane
... snip ...

I can remember dreaming of building just such a model.  Remote
wireless control, and panoramic TV feedback.  WWII was on.  Never
found the round tuit.

Re: Small Linux HW to be carried in a model airplane

And that 45 second reboot will kill you on
landing approach (:  Just hope the watchdog
doesn't have to fire.

In all seriousness, have you considered DOS
instead?

Re: Small Linux HW to be carried in a model airplane

I think one gets linux prompt in about 4 or 5s in a PXA255 like SBC as
long no boot delay is programmed in the boot loader and carefull choice
of filesystem (therefore no JFFS root fs), boot scripts and application
is made. Someone (I think Montavista) even states almost instantaneous
(less than 1s) boot up is achieved with execute in place patch. Haven't
tried it though. Still it can be as long as 45s in the context presented.

Regards.

Elder.

Re: Small Linux HW to be carried in a model airplane

Have a look at this site for some ideas.
http://members.shaw.ca/sonde/index.htm

Site Timeline