Small Linux board

Hello,

I've set about to do a SHOUTcast Internet Radio, so I'm looking for cheap (low than $100) and small board (ARM based, for example), which can run simple Linux distributions. It has to contain Ethernet Controller, Audio Codec and it will be very nice if it also provides a simple LCD interface (2x16).

I need ~40 pieces of this board.

Could you propose any hardware solutions which meets my requirements?

Thanks in advance for you engagement.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/

We can sell you our Omni-EP without an enclosure or LCD for $139. The connector for the LCD will be present and you can buy it yourself or from us. The board will work well for your application.

-jim

Reply to
Jim Stewart

The BeagleBoard might be under $100 for 40 off.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

It will be sufficient solution for my application, but unfortunately in basic version there is not an ethernet connector . This connector is provided only in addition BeagleBuddy Zippy Ethernet Combo Board which costs $79.

I need find another board ...

Thanks for your engagement.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/
Reply to
Piotr

Do you know the mini2440 from friendlyarm? The board itself costs about

50,- $. You can get it with or without LCD Touchscreen Display. For your requirements (HD44780 LCD), you can use it without Touchscren Display and connect the HD44780 LCD Display to IO-Ports of the board.

Best regards

Stefan DF9BI

Reply to
Stefan Brröring

If your enclosure supports it you can use a USB-ethernet adaptor, which are available for about $5-10.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

How about an ARM-based SHOUTcast internet radio, running Linux, including LCD etc, with full design docs for free? For $100?

On sale in 'October', which means it should be out in a few hours ;-)

The docs for the previous version are at:

You can always ditch as much of their stuff as you wish.

Access to the schematics is under a licence a bit like the GPL for hardware

- if you distribute modifications, you must give Chumby a licence to use/sell them themselves. Presumably if you don't agree to the schematics licence you can do whatever you want with modifications.

Hardware spec of the current version here:

Assuming the new one is similar, there's wireless and USB but not ethernet. So a $5-10 USB-ethernet adaptor would be required to meet your spec.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

It looks good, but it's too expensive for my budget ...

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/
Reply to
Piotr

Excellent! I'm exactly looking for something like this. I've just send a question to distributor

about cost and realizing time. I hope that everything will be OK.

Thank you very much for this proposal.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/
Reply to
Piotr

Yes, but it will not look nice ...

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/
Reply to
Piotr

Hmm, I've not heard about this project before. It is interesting, but I'm looking for more flexible solution. I must customize a lot of project parts to customer's requirements.

Thanks for your interesting.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/
Reply to
Piotr

I bought it directly in China via E-Bay. In the moment, i cannot find any offers without TFT-Display, but it should be available.

I got it very fast, less than a week from shanghai to germany.

Best regards

Stefan DF9BI

Reply to
Stefan Brröring

I'm going to buy single Mini2440 boards from this site:

. They give the nice discounts :)

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/
Reply to
Piotr

By the way, could you recommend any low-cost JTAG programmer for this CPU (S3C2440) and Flash memory? What kind of tools do you use?

Thanks in advance.

--
Piotr Piwko
http://www.embedded-engineering.pl/
Reply to
Piotr

When i got my Mini2440, there were small devices included, which seem to be something programmers or jtag adapters.

I did not use it, but it looks like the parallel-port programmers which i use for AVR programming via LPT.

I myself only made some tests, flashing linux kernel e.g. This works fine via USB connection and a software tool which is included or can be downloaded. But you don´t need this to test your software. You can simply transfer data via ethernet or usb-stick.

My collegues do the programming of this device, so i can only write, that it works...

best regards

Stefan DF9BI

Reply to
Stefan Brröring