small can-micro

hello,

i'm looking for the smallest (smd)can-microcontroller available on the
market. It should have at least an a/d-converter, uart and spi (. I am
also looking for a small (smd) can-interface and tranceiver.

thanks in advance,

heiko

Re: small can-micro

The AT90CAN128 should be available RSN. Samples should be available.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                 snipped-for-privacy@elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
Re: small can-micro

Philips' LPC2119 has two CAN channels, two UARTs, two SPIs and 4-channel
10bit ADC.  Don't know whether LQFP64 10x10mm package is small enough for
your application.

   Vadim

Re: small can-micro
On 1 Feb 2005 13:19:10 -0800, heiko snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in
comp.arch.embedded:

Depending on the processor horsepower you need, Motorola has member of
the HS12 16-bit microcontroller with one or more CAN controllers and
A/D.  TI has members of the 28xx 32-bit fixed point DSP with the same
feature mix.  Don't know about package sizes though.  We're using some
of both, but in versions with external bus so a lot more pins.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Microchip were talking about a MLF package CAN uC ( 6mm2?),
and Atmel do the T89C51CC01 in small 24-32 pin packages.

If you buy enough, I'm sure they would put it into MLF :)

SiLabs go as small as TQFP64, for their CAN uC.
-jg

Re: small can-micro
Heiko,

could you share some other parameters such as estimated code size,
required performance, target prize.

e.g. would a device with 8k code 512 bytes RAM in a QFP44 or a TSSOP 28
do the job? SPI would be there also 8-channel 10-bit ADC.  This is a
project that I know is in the works but about 4 months to samples.
Just checking if your application (what is it if you can share) would
be a fit.

Schwob

the
am

Re: small can-micro

If I remember correctly, Fujitsu has parts in 7x7
1. remark: mm of course, not inches (coming from Germany)
2. remark: or was it another manufacturer?

http://www.electronicstalk.com/news/fuj/fuj114.html
www.fujitsu.com/downloads/MICRO/fma/pdf/e713717.pdf
--

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
Re: small can-micro
Hello to all,

thanks for your advices, i choose a small mc68hc908gz in 32pin lqfp
(7x7mm). This is an 8bit controller - it is enough for my task.

Heiko.

Site Timeline