small can-micro

hello,

i'm looking for the smallest (smd)can-microcontroller available on the market. It should have at least an a/d-converter, uart and spi (. I am also looking for a small (smd) can-interface and tranceiver.

thanks in advance,

heiko

Reply to
heiko_greiner

The AT90CAN128 should be available RSN. Samples should be available.

Bye

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

Philips' LPC2119 has two CAN channels, two UARTs, two SPIs and 4-channel

10bit ADC. Don't know whether LQFP64 10x10mm package is small enough for your application.

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev

On 1 Feb 2005 13:19:10 -0800, heiko snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

Depending on the processor horsepower you need, Motorola has member of the HS12 16-bit microcontroller with one or more CAN controllers and A/D. TI has members of the 28xx 32-bit fixed point DSP with the same feature mix. Don't know about package sizes though. We're using some of both, but in versions with external bus so a lot more pins.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jack Klein

Microchip were talking about a MLF package CAN uC ( 6mm2?), and Atmel do the T89C51CC01 in small 24-32 pin packages.

If you buy enough, I'm sure they would put it into MLF :)

SiLabs go as small as TQFP64, for their CAN uC.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Heiko,

could you share some other parameters such as estimated code size, required performance, target prize.

e.g. would a device with 8k code 512 bytes RAM in a QFP44 or a TSSOP 28 do the job? SPI would be there also 8-channel 10-bit ADC. This is a project that I know is in the works but about 4 months to samples. Just checking if your application (what is it if you can share) would be a fit.

Schwob

heiko snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

the

am

Reply to
An Schwob in USA

If I remember correctly, Fujitsu has parts in 7x7

  1. remark: mm of course, not inches (coming from Germany)
  2. remark: or was it another manufacturer?

with best regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen

   Heinz-Jürgen Oertel
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Heinz-Jürgen Oertel

Hello to all,

thanks for your advices, i choose a small mc68hc908gz in 32pin lqfp (7x7mm). This is an 8bit controller - it is enough for my task.

Heiko.

Reply to
heiko_greiner