Small ARM board running capable of running Linux

I didn't make a note at the time and now that I've gone back to check, the docs look different so I cannot say with any certainty. It was the one used on the Axis product.

Previously I saw no mention of seperate ethernet connections now I see that there is mention of a primary and secondary connection one going through an internal USB port and limited to 12MBit/s. Quote "Actual routing speed is ~XX MBit between the two interfaces"

You tell me. Why do some NIC's perform MUCH better than others even though they are all spec'd at 100MB?

Just because the hardware can pump out a packet at 100MBit doesn't meen it can sustain 100MBit throughput continuously.

I must admit that when I first looked at the Axis docs I did not like what I saw and I felt it was possibly overhyped overpriced hardware jumping on the Linux bandwagon. I felt it was safer for me to alert people to a potential problem and for these same people to then check for themselves BEFORE buying the kit, than for them to buy the kit and find out AFTER the event that there was a problem.

Anyway thanks to your posting I will give this Linux on a chip thing much more scrutiny before dismissing it again :-)

Regards Sergio Masci

- optimising PIC compiler FREE for personal non-commercial use

.
Reply to
Sergio Masci

Try this:

There is a free 2.6.x linux port as well. goto

You can sign up for their freely available software library and it should be in there.

-Z

Sergio Masci wrote:

z_omegaman

Oh ya...this is based on the LH79524 with a 77MHz ARM720T with ENET MAC, USB, ADC, RTC, GPIO, etc. There is a LCDC but if you don't need it, it's nearly free and leaves you with extra GPIO. There is a 16-bit data-bus version as well that may be easier to handle cause its a QFP rather than BGA. The QFP version is the LH79525.

Reply to
z_omegaman

looks good too.

"A. P. Richelieu" wrote:

Reply to
Wim Godden

Check out the ARM boards from Embest at

Hope this helps.

-- Dennis

D> I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple

Reply to
canticle400