Small ARM board running capable of running Linux - Page 2

Re: Small ARM board running capable of running Linux

I didn't make a note at the time and now that I've gone back to check, the
docs look different so I cannot say with any certainty. It was
the one used on the Axis product.

Previously I saw no mention of seperate ethernet connections now I see
that there is mention of a primary and secondary connection one going
through an internal USB port and limited to 12MBit/s. Quote "Actual
routing speed is ~XX MBit between the two interfaces"

You tell me. Why do some NIC's perform MUCH better than others even though
they are all spec'd at 100MB?

Just because the hardware can pump out a packet at 100MBit doesn't meen it
can sustain 100MBit throughput continuously.

http://www.canon.com.au/products/multimedia/webview_webcasting_solutions/vbc10_ptz%20camera.html

I must admit that when I first looked at the Axis docs I did not like what
I saw and I felt it was possibly overhyped overpriced hardware jumping on
the Linux bandwagon. I felt it was safer for me to alert people to a
potential problem and for these same people to then check for themselves
BEFORE buying the kit, than for them to buy the kit and find out AFTER the
event that there was a problem.

Anyway thanks to your posting I will give this Linux on a chip thing much
more scrutiny before dismissing it again :-)

Regards
Sergio Masci

http://www.xcprod.com/titan/XCSB - optimising PIC compiler
FREE for personal non-commercial use

.

Re: Small ARM board running capable of running Linux
Try this:

http://www.logicpd.com/eps/som/sharp/LH79524 /

There is a free 2.6.x linux port as well.  goto
http://www.sharpmcu.com . You can sign up for their freely available
software library and it should be in there.

-Z

http://www.canon.com.au/products/multimedia/webview_webcasting_solutions/vbc10_ptz%20camera.html

Re: Small ARM board running capable of running Linux
Oh ya...this is based on the LH79524 with a 77MHz ARM720T with ENET
MAC, USB, ADC, RTC, GPIO, etc.  There is a LCDC but if you don't need
it, it's nearly free and leaves you with extra GPIO.  There is a 16-bit
data-bus version as well that may be easier to handle cause its a QFP
rather than BGA.  The QFP version is the LH79525.

Re: Small ARM board running capable of running Linux
Not strictly ARM, but take a look at

Re: Small ARM board running capable of running Linux
Check out the ARM boards from Embest at

http://www.armkits.com/Product/productmain.asp

Hope this helps.

-- Dennis