Slightly OT - Nearfield probe for EMI sniffing

Anyone know the best way to handbuild a nearfield probe for a spectrum analyzer? I'd like to do some EMI sniffing before going to the lab. My attempts at using a couple turns of wire at the end of a piece of coax don't seem to work well.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

We use a rubber ducky antenna scrounged from an old ham radio.

Reply to
larwe

an70 from

page 54 onwards

martin

After the first death, there is no other. (Dylan Thomas)

Reply to
martin griffith

Excellent. Just what I was looking for and written by Jim Williams at that.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

A quick correction. The ap note was written by Jim Williams, but the the description within about the nearfield probe wa written by Bruce Carsten

Reply to
Jim Stewart