[Slightly OT] HTL to TTL conversion

I've already asked this question on an electronics newsgroup (in case Jim Thompson wonders why I'm repeating myself!) but thought someone here may have had experience with this situation.

I have a draw wire displacement sensor which works at HTL logic levels (I have searched for the values for these "levels" without success).

The supply voltage for the sensor will be 12V and I need to translate the outputs (A, B and Index) from the 0..11.9V to 0..5V levels suitable for decoding with an HCTL-2022 quadrature decoder. The maximum frequency will be approximately 200KHz.

Would a 74HC4050 be a good choice or is there a better alternative?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
MikeG

Why not just use a resistive divider? At 200kHz, there should be no speed problem involved.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS