Slightly OT - HP logic analyzers, 16500a,b,c

Yesterday I picked up a 160 channel state/timing module
for a 16500 series logic analyzer at my local surplus-
monger.  I paid essentially zero for it.  Now I'm looking
for a cheap mainframe to plug it into.

I noticed that 16500-series mainframes come in 3
flavors, with the c version having a DOS disk drive.
It also appears that some of the versions support
ftp and some sort of a remote x-based console.

C versions come up on ebay from time to time with
the HD either removed or non-functional.  Is it
possible to install a commodity HD and reload the
software?  HP's support site doesn't seem to have
the files to reload the HD.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Site Timeline