single wire debug interface

Anyone know of a single wire interface suitable for debugging (+
ground of course) ?

Is it possible to "compress" JTAG to a single wire ? Are there other
standards that could be used ? Any vendors (Semi vendors) offer this
already ?

Thanks in advance,

HGH

Re: single wire debug interface

Atmel has something like that for their newest tinyAVR's:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id33%53

--
Mikael Ejberg Pedersen

Re: single wire debug interface

LED on a GPIO? Classic debugging interface ;)

Re: single wire debug interface
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (HG) wrote in news:47822c89.0405130807.6dc50533
@posting.google.com:

How about half-duplex RS232? If you don't have a UART available it's not
too difficult in software - just sample at about 6 to 8 times the baudrate
and allow for not sampling precisely at the edges of the signal. Of course,
this can get a bit intrusive for your system timing, but it's doable, I
seem to remember 9600baud on an 8MHz PIC wasn't too much of a strain -
sorry, I don't have the code, this was something I was using about ten
years ago.

Peter.
(posted without apology for cloyingly personal anecdote)

Re: single wire debug interface

For the smaller processors I used to put in a software uart so that I can
send messages  to trace the execution.

Peter

---