Single board computers

Hello, I'm looking to replace a laptop with a single board computer for data acquisition and control, via ethernet. I would like to hear any recommendations from users who have had experiences with them. OS, ease of programming etc.

Thanks. Madan. Ithaca, NY.

Reply to
Madan

ease

First, you need to tell us what level of performance you require.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Our speed requirements are low. Our system has a stepper motor, 10 digital I/O's for operating relays and 5 channels of A/D sampling at

200Hz for about 5 minutes. Right now we are using a microcontroller board connected to the serial port. As a stand alone unit, a LCD display and ethernet interface to start data logging and retreive the data is desired.

Madan.

Reply to
Madan

Not a user, but check these out:

There are no royalties or license fees. We're coming out with some nice stuff to make the creation of browser interfaces for remote monitoring and control easy very soon also.

Reply to
Brian Murtha

Take a look at

or

Both do suitable single board systems that would cope. The Triangle boards were designed with data logging functions in mind and the software that comes in the library files will give you a flying start. The MPE board of similar vein has Ethernet.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

If you're replacing a laptop, maybe you'd find it easiest to work with an x86 SBC. What is the reason for migrating to an SBC, anyway? Size? Power? Noise? Cost?

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

you can try out board,

see all the demo

OZ

Gee now, I hope you haven't had to take down your site because of a flood of orders overwhelming your bandwidth, EZarm.

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Madan,

Sounds like a good all around choice for TERN's R-Drive controller, which supports all of the options you named:

16-bit x86-based SBC, Ethernet port, plenty of ADC, 21 high-voltage outputs for directly driving relays (350 mA @ 50V), and a CompactFlash interface if needed for logging up to 2 GBs worth of data on a FAT12/16 filesystem.
Reply to
Chon Tang

sbc

LPC2106