Single board computer with relays?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any inexpensive 8 bit single board computers that have at least two relays capable of switching two 24V solenoids (approx. 500ma each)?

Thanks, Fred

Reply to
fred

I don't, but if circumstances are right it's dead easy to make a suitable solenoid driver with a BJT or a FET.

You need:

  • Solenoid ground is, or can be made, common to the 'puter ground.
  • Solenoids are, or can be, connected to the +24V rail.
  • Space for a small driver board.

If all these conditions are met, then the following circuit will work:

24V + | | .--o-. | | D1 - | ^ | | | | | .-. | | | C| 39 | | C| '-' C| | | '----o | | 100 ||-+ ___ ||
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Am 09.02.2011 16:10, schrieb fred:

Product ID:197720

You have to reprogram the microcontroller.

cheers Gunther

Reply to
Gunther Mannigel

hamilton

Lots of companies make suitable relay boards to go with a ucontroller board:

Dennis

possibly something here:

Cheers Don...

==========================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Or to be more specific ...

or

Win7

Maybe this is not exactly what you look for:

--

Tauno Voipio
Reply to

Looks good. Since resistors are $0.001 apiece, I'd suggest a 100K resistor either from the gate or from the input to ground, so if the uP I/O is floated or the input becomes disconnected the MOSFET gate doesn't drift up into the linear region and induce the MOSFET to unsolder itself or otherwise do unpleasant and possibly smelly things.

Since most well-designed micro boards will have a supervisory circuit that floats the outputs or drives them low when the supply voltage is too low for normal operation, this also covers that pathological case.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany