Simulators

Hi all,

I am searching an open source simulator for several families o microcontrollers like avr, pic16fxx or zilog. I need it to a personnal project, so I have seen on internet a lot o informations about UMPS simulator but I think it s not open source. And can't access to vmdesign website. If I can't find any simulator, I will have to program one that it may b difficult. Excuse my bad english, I am not an english speakers

Thanks for your help

Reply to
guilig

As for the PICs you can always use MPLAB which has an integrated simulator and is free. See

regards, Wolfgang

--
From-address is Spam trap
Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at

The free AVR Studio has an integarted simulator. Available on the atmel website

Rene

*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***
Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Simulavrxx worked well enough for me. It allows you to script hardware stimulations, and several AVR variants are supported. It's not too hard to create a new AVR variant if you have some time and a working knowledge of C++.

Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460
Kennesaw, GA, USA 30144    http://mnmoran.org

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
  and we never even know we have the key."
The Eagles, "Already Gone"

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1
Reply to
Michael N. Moran

Sorry I didn't notice this thread earlier.

There is an open-source PIC emulator that I've written, available at

Hope that helps, Bill

Reply to
oldfogie