Simulate SD card by a microcontroller

Hello all,

Is it possible to simulate/emulate a SD card by a microcontroller/computer with a harddisk in such a way that the device doesn't notice that the SD card is missing.

I have a device that reads and writes files on an SD card. Simultaniously I want to make an exact copy of the files which the device stores on the SD card. I was thinking to remove the SD card an connect the 9 pins of the SD card (in case they are required) to a microcontroller. This microcontrol should act as if the SD card is inserted.

Does anyone of you know where I can find such a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Jos Kamp.

Reply to
Jos Kamp (The Netherlands)