Simbolic Disassembler for PIC16C/16F Family

    Does anyone know of a shareware or freeware disassembler for the
Microchip PIC mid-range devices (16CXX, 16FXX).  I know there is a
disassembler floating around for the PIC 16F84 but I don't believe it
supports the whole family mid-range family as far as peripherals are
concerned.  I also know that MPLAB can disassemble the binary but not fully
symbolically.  I would like to have labels instead of addresses for call and
jumps and all the standard defined peripheral names in the source when
disassembling a binary.

Thanks,

Frank

Re: Simbolic Disassembler for PIC16C/16F Family
    Does anyone know of a shareware or freeware disassembler for the
Microchip PIC mid-range devices (16CXX, 16FXX).  I know there is a
disassembler floating around for the PIC 16F84 but I don't believe it
supports the whole family mid-range family as far as peripherals are
concerned.  I also know that MPLAB can disassemble the binary but not fully
symbolically.  I would like to have labels instead of addresses for call and
jumps and all the standard defined peripheral names in the source when
disassembling a binary.

Thanks,

Frank

Re: Simbolic Disassembler for PIC16C/16F Family
hi, the sybolic names are not present in the assembled code just the actual
instructions and data.

Re: Simbolic Disassembler for PIC16C/16F Family

Most disassemblers will create labels that you can edit to be more
meaningful, then pass back through the disassembler.  Perhaps that's what
Frank is looking for?

--
Ron Sharp.

Re: Simbolic Disassembler for PIC16C/16F Family
You could be right, the only trouble is how can you invent a suitable label
name if you dont have the source code.

Site Timeline