silrtos port on ARM

I was looking for low footprint RTOS (with minimal capability of Message Q, semaphore, memory mgmt, few tasks & interrupts) and found silRTOS fits for my budget size(

Reply to
pauld95

Hi i guess the first thing that you have to do is implement a interrup timer. Which will be utilized for sechduling and other timing pupose.

Have you compiled silRTOS for the ARM9? Is it a C code? Do u have boot loader ready?

Reply to
badal_akr

I'd never heard of silRTOS so am interested to see what it is like. I found it through Google but download link is broken.

Did you consider FreeRTOS.org?

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org & http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop
14 official architecture ports, 5000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

Speaking of FreeRTOS

Atmel AT91SAM7S256.... using the AT91SAM7S64 stuff

in the context load for ARM, is it not 'incorrect' to load R0-R14 in the context switch since your using SUB PC [LR -#4]

The stacks for the tasks all have pattern data in R0-R14 prior to first run. I changed it to [LR-#13] to leave the link register alone [R14] and the return worked correctly. Am I missing something?

Gene

No.

The pattern data in R0 to R14 are placed in the User mode stack by code running in Supervisor mode. Two different LR registers are being used.

Yes - probably you are not calling main() from Supervisor mode (or at least switching to Supervisor mode prior to starting the scheduler). This is a very common mistake, hence the comments warning you of this in the code, and the notes in red text on the documentation pages, and the FAQ :o)

--
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org & http://www.FreeRTOS.org/shop
16 official architecture ports, 5000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

ound

Reply to