Silly Question About CrossCompiling Device Drivers

I have an ARM embedded device (a DMP1) to which I'm trying to attach an ATI Remote wonder. I realized I need some help in trying to compile a device driver...

I managed to compile ati_remote.o, but it needs input.o, hid.o, usbmouse.o, etc. I have found the source code in the linux source path of my cross compiler, but I have no idea how to compile just those components.

Could someone help me?

I have the following:

Crosscompiler (crosstools):

binutils-2.15 gcc-2.95.3 glibc-2.2.5 glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.5 linux-2.4.18-rmk7 uClibc-0.9.15

I am using these "old" versions to best match the linux kernel of the DMP1 car mp3 player, especially so that I can compile insmod-able drivers.

I'm new to linux and C and this crosscompiling stuff. But I'm an extremely fast-learner--I just need the impetus.

Thanks so much in advance!

~Lum

Reply to
Lumkichi