[Shameless Plug] -- Embedded Systems Conference

I'll be delivering two presentations -- PID Without a PhD, and Basic Control Theory for Software Engineers. More details at

This being the ESC, they've put the advanced class before the prerequisite -- oh well.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Just teach it in reverse and tell your students to push the material on their internal stacks and pop through later on when they get a chance. ;)

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

Best wishes to you, Tim. I had noticed you in the preliminary program.

--
%  Randy Yates                  % "Though you ride on the wheels of tomorrow,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %  you still wander the fields of your
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Randy Yates

Basic

Why do they always have the ESC in San Francisco? I can't go there, and wouldn't if I could. The Anaheim Convention center site would be a better choice! Or even Los Vegas!

Reply to
Clarence_A

Restraining order?

There are branch ones all over- Boston, Chicago, Shenzhen

München etc. I doubt they are as good as the original.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Allows most of Silicon Valley to attend... The silicon valleys in southern california, prefer to stay at the beach :-)

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

and

Company will not pay for anything in the SF area, they say it is too expensive. They will pay in Anaheim or LV! I've even been allowed to book in Phoenix and Denver (Gun Barrel, CO). Just NOT SF!

No other explanation!

Reply to
Clarence_A

"Ulf Samuelsson" wrote

the beach :-)

Actually Silicon Valley is in north central California, (Bay area) and that is 357 miles north of the Irvine, CA company I work for. (Abt 600KM)

You going to the ESC?

Reply to
Clarence_A

So you can't go to New York, Boston, Chicago, and any other major city? I don't find San Francisco any more expensive than any of the above, in fact I think I usually pay less in San Fran. I usually use Expedia or Hotels.com or some other discount broker, and don't stay at the conference hotels ...

--
Ron Huizen
BittWare

"Ron Huizen" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

San Francisco is not necessarily more expensive than those other cities, if you avoid the big hotels downtown. One option is to find a hotel near CalTrain or Bart. These are the commuter rail services. You can walk from either to the convention center. I stay with family and do this several times a year. Don't rent a car, parking will kill you.

Air tickets are usually available at discount rates if you plan ahead. I pay from $200-$250 from Minneapolis.

If I wanted to go, I would predetermine hotels and travel options, and then talk to the powers that be.

--
Al Clark
Danville Signal Processing, Inc.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Al Clark

Tim Wescott wrote in news:10u30t54ccv3u71 @corp.supernews.com:

Hi Tim,

I will almost certainly be at the Analog Devices booth. I would love to buy you a beer. Any other comp.dsp'ers ?

--
Al Clark
Danville Signal Processing, Inc.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Al Clark

They're afraid you'll come back with pink hair?

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

[snip]

SPIKED pink hair ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

[...]

Hey, it worked on Gwen Stefani.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Then, it's off to
                                  at               RED CHINA!!
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Grant Edwards

Someone presented a $1,200 expense report for a one night stay: claimed it was because the hotels were so expensive. Wouldn't have anything to do with a pair of hookers? Nah....

-- Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio Consulting Engineer: Electronics; Informatics; Photonics. Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com psst.. want to buy an f-stop timer? nolindan.com/da/fstop/

Reply to
Nicholas O. Lindan

Perhaps they should just not reimburse expenses for "room service".

--
  Keith
Reply to

details at

the

is

NOT

That would be an improvement over the (very high) lack of forehead cover! It would go well with the rest, gray!

Reply to
Clarence_A

it is

stay:

service".

I suspect it was abuse by sales people that got this policy in place. Diners for four at $900, and renting a Ferrari for a week! But no one will say! Funny too, they spring for a three day weekend in SD at a nice beach side place for the entire staff with family, as a Christmas party! But travel is tight!

Reply to
Clarence_A

You can, of course, read the material on my web site which covers the talks one way or another. Throwing rotten vegetables at your own computer screen is, however, much less satisfying than using them on a presenter.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Branson, MO a better choice. More central location. Better scenery. Less traffic. I'd only have to drive 1/2 hour ;)

Reply to
Richard Owlett